R&D Liquid Manager – Food Manufacturing (Sauces, Marinades)
Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of food ingredient such as seasoning, coating solutions, sauces systems to leading food services and retailers worldwide.Job Description:
- Lead, Train, and nurture the R&D food technologist team.
- Expand teams’ technical capabilities in current and new liquid technologies.
- Represent the company in the different liquids team globally (Liquids Guild, Liquids Food safety team etc)
- Ensure current practices within the Liquid team and toll manufacturers comply with company policies and ensure the implementation and alignment of policies.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and customers to define the gold standard to enable delivery of authentic, marketable, profitable products.
- Creates, formulate, and provides process parameters for new products aligned with customer, legislative, and food safety requirements within the scope of company’s strategic areas and in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing departments.
- To maintain the basic business through formula optimization (price, quality), and/or range extensions, evaluation of new / alternative raw materials in product applications, and reducing company complexity.
- Participates and engages fully in production trials of new products both internally and at customer locations; provides technical support in resolving on-going issues. A degree of travel and flexibility is required.
- Effective operation of company’s computer systems including: timely entry of formula data into system to ensure effective commercialization of new products; utilization of the CRM system; sample management systems.
- Develops close working relationships with selected / assigned customers through regular direct contact thereby ensuring that the business understands the customer's requirements (ingredient, product, and legislative restrictions), their operational processes and their technical requirements.
- Writes and conducts presentations, workshops and trainings to the customer showing our products in application and a marketable format.
- Communicates and prepares technical reports (intern and extern) in different languages. Maintains accurate technical development records, both computer and paper based.
- Participates in the Global Technical network contributing local country knowledge, technical expertise and promoting / supporting the effective exchange of ideas, opportunities, and operational best practice.
- Generates awareness of market and technical trends (via collaboration with sales and marketing) and develops / promotes product concepts to fulfill the needs identified.
- Assists in the coaching and development of more junior members of the team
- To work to tight deadlines set by our customer and ensure that brief are effectively met within stated timescales.
- To deal with production and supply chain such that the needs of projects are met.
- Inform to the immediate superior for any issue that relate to food safety.
- To perform any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or related fields or equivalent level.
- Track record in leading a team or department or R&D or NPD related.
- Experience with Hot and Cold sauce, knowledge of other processes an advantage.
- Knowledge of sauces and marinades.
- At least 5 years relevant in Liquid development multinational company, international exposure, and specifically has exposure to international customers.
- Fluent in spoken & written English.
- Computer literacy.
- Provident Fund starting at 5%
- Health Insurance
- Performance bonus