Assistant Purchasing Manager – Food Processing
Our client is a global snack and instant noodles manufacturer.Job Description:
- Develop and propose purchasing strategies aligned with Management’s goals.
- Participate in select, evaluate and qualify new suppliers.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery or readiness with correct specifications.
- Improve cost of purchased materials, parts and services.
- Manage reporting and budgeting according to company guidelines.
- Identifies suppliers and arranges optimal contracts in terms of pricing, quality, timing, and supply availability.
- Make strategic purchasing category analyses (spend, suppliers, users, needs, etc.)
- Understand general supply chain concept to plan for the raw materials in and out.
- Actively look for improvements, paperwork reduction, office work productivity cost savings.
- Assure that deliveries of raw materials are in accordance with production planning, in order to minimize working capital and prevent down time due to shortages.
- Ensure all administrative aspects of the purchasing function are complying with expectations and procedures.
- Pro-actively collaborate with quality, R&D, pricing, group purchasing and supply chain.
- Maintains a strong professional relationship between suppliers and the company. Communicates with suppliers concerning all aspects of the partnership
- Maintaining realistic safety stock level for all key raw materials and packaging.
- Ensure all Purchasing data: parts, vendors, leadtimes, minimum order quantities, prices, dates etc. are accurately maintained in ERP system
- Analyze backlog shipments and provide information to concern department for taking action.
- Converting and following up on PR / PO.
- Issuing PR of Liquid products to Purchase based on Sales & Sales Admin’s requirements.
- Work closely with management team
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in purchasing or sourcing, preferably with a background in the food industry.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft office. MS-Excel and ERP
- Able to communicate effectively cross functionally and suppliers.
- Good command of English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent communication, analytic and negotiation skills
- Experienced supporting shipping or export and import would be preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, 22000, 14001, GMP, HACCP, Halal and BRC.
- Good knowledge of SAP.
- Good command of English, both witting and speaking.
- Strong leadership, analytical, coordination, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work 6 days per week.
- Able to work in Ratchaburi province.
- Excellence managerial and leadership skills
Our client offers a competitive remuneration benefits package and an excellent learning opportunity for future professional growth.