Our client is a European flavour producer, supplying sweet and savoury flavours to food producers throughout Thailand and Asia.Job Description:
Reporting to the Applications Manager, the Beverage Applications Technologist will provide a client focused creative resource and interface between commercial, beverage application and flavour creation that enables our client to provide, through the screening, selection and demonstration of the optimum flavour solutions per client brief.
- Answering project briefs and ensuring response is accurate, appropriately presented and timely with the technical and commercial teams.
- Advising sales/customer service team when opportunities arise to develop/enhance existing flavours for specified clients.
- Develop suitable beverage application to present the company’s product performance to client and key client.
- Screening existing flavour portfolio to determine optimal applications
- Screening client/potential client products to determine opportunities for our client to add value.
- Ensuring response is on brief, appropriately presented, timely.
- Maintain technical contact with client from initial briefing throughout the life of the project to enable the sales process.
- Ensuring you are up to date with raw materials, food processing and competitive flavour developments.
- Maintain and develop a sound knowledge of raw materials and suppliers based on thorough evaluation in liaison with Application Manager to ensure our client can offer existing and agreed potential clients competitive flavour submissions (performance, cost, right profile).
- Ensuring screening is sufficiently sensitive to enable the best fit flavour for each brief.
- Degree qualified in a food science background.
- Experience in beverage applications, either coming from an ingredient’s supplier (flavours/functional ingredients) or directly from a beverage producer.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good team player and communicator - internally and externally.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Able to demonstrate analytical thinking.
- Project management skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge in functionality of food additives and ingredients for beverages.
- Understand customers processing parameters.
- Good English communication both written and spoken.
- Self-starting and able to work effectively in a cross-culture environment.
Excellent package includes a competitive base salary, performance related annual bonus, medical insurance, provident fund, travel allowances and the opportunity to be a part of a thriving company in Asia.