Business Development Manager – Bakery Ingredients
Our client is a well-regarded food ingredients manufacturer and distributor focusing on Herbs, Spices & Blends; Confectionery and Natural Products & Organics worldwide.Job Description:
- Grow our clients’ bakery ingredients customer base.
- Build and establish consistent and reliable customer base.
- Identify key products to target to customers.
- Provide a clear growth/business plan to increase sales in bakery ingredients.
- Establish our client as a strategic business partner/supplier of choice to the major food companies in Singapore.
- Regularly visit and be in touch with key customers as well as seeking out new ones.
- Increase the amount of SKU’s to these customers meeting minimum GP targets.
- Work closely with Country Manager and Sales Manager to target key accounts and SKU’s.
- Actively provide reports and market intelligence.
- Manage any supplier visits to your base of customers or where required.
- Develop key supplier list for efficient and adequate supply.
- To ensure all areas of our business adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Stay aware of possible acquisition targets.
- Has existing relationships with bakery customers to target.
- To develop sales of the bakery ingredients business in Singapore.
- Look at growing bakery accounts with the idea of rolling this out regionally, initial targets will be Singapore and Johor Bahru.
- Will initially be measured by the ability to bring on new customers while maintaining agreed sales and profit budgets/targets.
- Singapore Permanent Resident (PR).
- Minimum 4 years sales experience in food Ingredients, ideally with an understanding of bakery.
- Ability to work independently and with people
- Bakery ingredients experience & knowledge
- Willingness to increase product knowledge and build on customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving – quickly find any solution to problems which arise from product shortage to delivery issues
- Market knowledge
- Product knowledge and providing training to other members where needed
- Customer orientation – committed to resolving customer concerns and providing excellent service
- Leadership – is strong and works with a positive outlook
- Basic from SG $4,500 to $5,500 per month
- Additional $400 to 600k in allowances per month (Car Allowance, Mobile, parking in SG and petrol in SG)
- Any travel outside of Singapore will be reimbursed, including trips to JB to see customers (tolls and petrol reimbursed on these trips).
- Uncapped Commission
- Medical expenses up to $1,000 p.a.