Commercial Manager – Crop / Plant Nutrition
Our client is a producer of plant nutrition products.Job Description:
- Reporting to the expatriate regional manager. Responsible for the growth of our clients’ plant nutrition business in Thailand. Managing a team of Agronomists / Technical Sales.
- Increase our clients’ market share in Thailand, manage and coordinate actions and activities of marketing, sales and product delivery in order to ensure the fulfillment of the established sales and profit objectives.
- Understanding the behaviours of crops; offering the nutrition solutions to the growers; creating value to farmers.
- Lead from the front; trials and demonstrations.
- Develop crop nutrition programs in different regions, working with local distribution partners.
- Develop and grow a local sales team.
- Working with local academic partners/international testing partners for soil/crop analysis.
- Generate commercial and marketing strategies that include an action plan.
- Propose budgets (sales, expenses, etc.) on time for the assigned region where the company's products are involved, as well as ensure their compliance and control.
- Ensure the adequate management of working capital and resources used by the sales force in the assigned region (inventory, portfolio and fixed assets).
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and annually reports on the results of the KPIs and the BSC for monitoring and monitoring the performance of the implementation of the commercial and operational strategies.
- Implement the action plans established for clients/distributors in conjunction with the Commercial Manager and Technical and Commercial Manager for Asia.
- Frequently perform (80% of the time in the field) field visits, to ensure that they have the knowledge and understanding of their functions to focus the team's work on results.
- Discern technically about the problems and needs of the farmer and capture this opportunity commercially.
- Background in Agricultural Engineering, Agribusiness.
- Degree qualified in an agronomy related field. Passionate agronomist.
- People management skills. Able to lead a sales team on a country level.
- Coaching skills / staff training.
- Good command of the English language.
- Able to lead from the front; flexible to travel throughout the country.
- Driver’s License.
- Understanding of the agriculture/crop markets in Thailand. Knowledge of local distributors throughout the country.
- Management: people management, strategy and action planning.
- Commercial: sale of agricultural inputs to distributor or distribution channels.
- Technical area: plant nutrition.
- Quarterly bonus of 15 days of monthly salary if the objectives are achieved.
- Fully expensed Company Car
- Phone Bill 1,000 Baht per month
- Other Travel Expenses reimbursed (max 25,000 THB per month)