Our client is a leading global supplier of animal feed and nutrition.Job Description:
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the Bangladesh operations of our clients’ business in Asia, as General Manager, overseeing feed mill operations and a commercial entity in the capital, Dhaka. Given the territorial nature of Bangladesh, much of the focus will center around the aquaculture market, although there will ultimately be a responsibility for driving multi-species feed within the country. The position of General Manager will provide strategic leadership for all sales and operational activities for our clients’ business in Bangladesh. This will include managing a legal entity, building the local organizational capabilities, leading the transformation of the feed mill operations whilst driving the commercial activities alongside existing distribution partners.
- Maximize Bangladesh sales volume consistent with the business targets.
- Looks for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Provide leadership to both the Operations, Finance and Sales teams and ensuring a talent pipeline is in place for succession on all key positions
- Create annual budgets and detailed sales plans.
- Understand competitor pricing and movements in the market and design appropriate responses/strategies.
- Responsible and effective in recommending commercial strategies that will maximize volume and margins earned toward maximizing earnings.
- Lead the sales team in their efforts to collect data to ensure product performance in the marketplace.
- Managing the performance of the Feed Mill operations in terms of budgets, providing regular forecasts, controlling the spend.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness within a business, organization.
- Work with team on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
- Significant commercial management experience within the animal health and nutrition sector.
- Evidence of success in both operational and commercial management within the industry.
- Ideally coming with a strong understanding of the aquaculture industry.
- Customer and market focused, displaying strong leadership skills.
- Commercially minded with honed influencing, negotiating and closing skills and the ability to maintain and grow customers.
- Motivated, organized and structured with the ability to work autonomously.
- Prior experience managing a P&L budget is required.
- Demonstrate financial acumen including planning and cost control capabilities.
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within the group to drive business growth.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced, results-oriented environment under minimal supervision.
Industry: Animal Feed