Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of food ingredients such as seasoning, coating solutions, sauces systems to leading food services and retailers worldwide.Job Description:
- Identify emerging trends and areas of opportunity for break through innovation. Facilitate and foster the ideation of possible new products with an emphasis on establishing points of difference versus competitors, high nutrition/health/wellness, food safety/quality, creativity, and passion for food.
- Reformulate products or processes for product improvement, cost reduction or manufacturing efficiency improvements.
- Develop and implement multiple new product launches from concept to commercialization
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing and Quality to ensure that all product formulations, processes, and specifications meet defined standards
- Work with cross functional teams in the development of NPD and/or reformulation of existing products, including commercialization.
- Prepare prototype products using research lab, pilot lab, manufacturing facilities and equipment, as required.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams for product/process improvement and trouble shooting
- Handle multiple projects by using charts, MS projects or any tools to help on following up all project status.
- Being responsible for documentation update, including technical information support and prepare essential reports.
- Deliver high quality presentations to demonstrate and communicate results to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Keep current with new technologies, industry trends and food regulations.
- Be creative, plan and execute related applications work
- Manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing business environment.
- B.S. or M.S. in Food Science, Nutrition, Food Innovation or technically related field
- Good understanding of food industry standards of quality and foods safety, and FDA regulations.
- Like to work on the bench or pilot plant developing formulations, testing ingredient performances
- Creative scientific minded, eagerness to explore new areas, technologies and doesn’t find failure an obstruction or a demotivating factor.
- Accuracy with detail, planning, organizing and efficiency
- Ability to function successfully both as a team member and leader. Works well and relates with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to handle pressure of dealing with priorities that change frequently and have very short time frames without losing composure.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good command of English language and Computer Proficiency
Our client offers a competitive remuneration benefit. Benefits include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, medical insurance, provident funds amongst others.
Industry: PR/ Marketing