Production Shift Manager – Food, Agriculture, Consumer Goods Production
Our client is a world-leading manufacturer of food products.Job Description:
- Assure the ongoing production of safe and defect free products consistent with the principles of the company. A proficiency of HACCP is required; the shift manager owns ongoing training and improvements at the area level.
- Manage the efforts of shift staffs to meet daily scheduled production targets with desired quality, food safety standards and employee safety.
- Establish day to day area performance standards and goals based on operations goals and strategies; measure. Lead daily production meeting and develop corrective action and report results as appropriate in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that the overall factory work environment is safe, clean and organized
- Evaluate associate’s performance in conjunction with associates’ career goals, create development plans to challenge their potential.
- Proactively manage associate relations issues; guide and direct training, retraining, development and motivation of associates following team working principles. Drive Associate engagement through a foundation of teamwork and involvement.
- Control plant production activities to meet production targets efficiency and cost.
- Shift Manager is responsible for the management of production during shift operation by maximizing existing resources both man powers and machines capacity to achieve efficiency target with standard quality and a safe work environment.
- The responsibilities include leading continuous improvement in front line as well as developing effective team with high engagement and individual’s direct reports career. Decide on consumable material expense spending in factory, Contribute in building effective team, Contribute in improvement projects and new product launching. Responsibilities:
- Bachelor degree in related in related field, preferably in engineering or sciences.
- Production management experience either as a Shift Manager in a large production environment or as an Operations Manager from an SME environment.
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Ability to convey communications clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated experience working in people development / building effective teams.
- Understanding of Lean and GMP principles.
- Ability to work any shift pattern as needed.
- Good command in English both writing and speaking.
Excellent package includes a competitive base salary, performance related bonus, and associated management related package and incentives.