Production Specialist – Seed Breeding
Our client is a global breeder of vegetable seeds.Job Description:
- Supervise the Thailand seed productions in such a way that they are realized with a highest degree of security, Quality, On Time.
- Responsible for setting up the evaluation of quality tests and seed production research within the region.
- Executes and evaluates the programmes for all productions. This includes issues like quantities to sow, dates of sowing and harvesting, agronomic advice, harvest forecasts, following up priorities for harvesting and shipment, etc.
- Observes, evaluates and rogues the developing seed crops, taking into account the goals of the production.
- Responsible for the accurate and regular administration of all data in the ABS system and has a clear overview of the production locations, the stock seeds used, the harvest forecast, etc. Makes sure that this information is readily available for relevant persons within the organisation.
- Evaluates the production results at seed producers.
- On guidance of the crop production specialist and Seed Technology arranges and evaluates the grow out tests and seed production research trials and reports the result back.
- Assists in other S.O. activities like processing, packing, quality testing and distribution when these are done locally.
- Maintains a lot of internal and external contacts. The external contacts are specifically growers, plant raisers, and production organizations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Agricultural Science or other related fields.
- Experience working of the vegetable crops production.
- Fluent in both written and spoken in English
- Works under time pressure and frequently works with a monitor. Is willing to travel frequently. Works in field under varying weather conditions and occasional physical stress.
- Can operate very independently, is creative, accurate and has an eye for detail.
- Excellent personality and can-do attitude.
- Ability to act with integrity when dealing with confidential matters.
- High communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package including base salary, attractive annual bonus, medical insurance amongst others.