Project Engineer – Chemical / Process Engineering (Rayong)
Our client is a global supplier of specialty chemicals.Job Description:
- This is a 2 year contract.
- This position will report to the Project Manager at our clients’ chemical processing plant in Rayong, working closely with PM directly all EPC Engineers activities for Engineering development both new equipment and revamped units / replacement as part of project Scope, heavy brownfield element expected.
- Lead Interface Management activities, on a multi-disciplinary basis, between site and regional offices within company standards, compliance and to effectively interface with stakeholders as well as EPC/EPCM Contractor in delivering the projects with quality in compliance with Engineering required and with costs and schedule meeting project objectives, goals and value drivers.
- Act as counterpart to EPC/m's Engineering Manager in Engineering Process and subsequently with Construction Manager during the execution phase. Manage Scope Change Process(MOC) and ensure both owner team and EPC / m contractors are in compliance timely with agreed procedures.
- Accountable for Risk Management for projects support PM and SC development advisor in administration and maintenance of Risks Register.
- Support both owner team and EPC/m contractor in participating Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) for achieving goal of flawless start-ups and timely on-stream production, minimum disruption to production.
- Liaise with & secure from global and regional team in ad-hoc project supports for APAC.
- Provide advice to PM in the areas of project quality, cost control, schedule monitoring, risk management, budgeting (CAPEX Bay) and lessons learnt, support timely project progress reporting.
- Ensure/advise EPC/m Contractor’s deliverables conforming to standards, requirements, SHE policy,actively participate in HAZOP studies/HAZID reviews and Safety Programs (Goal Zero, BBSO etc.) along with General Business Principles.
- Ensure all project, inspection records & engineering documentation are retrieved, handled and submitted according to quality requirements and project information management plan so as to allow proper monitoring, management, handover, close-out of projects and audits.
- Performing multitask roles, understand multi-disciplinary of engineerings.
- Thai Nationality.
- Bachelor degree in Process, Chemical, Industrial Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Familiar with international code (API, ASME, ASTM, IEC, DIN, NFPA etc.) which applied in oil industry.
- At least 5 years engineering experiences in Project Management EPC/m, PMC.
- Experience in Project WBS with capability to do engineering cost estimate.
- Project/programme management skills especially in managing numerous concurrent smaller projects are essential.
- Reasonable familiarity with IT solutions (SAP PS, CAPEX Bay, etc) Ability to analyze and troubleshoot fluid mechanic, heat transfer and IT communication problem.
- Positive attitude toward safe work practices, proactive.
- Take on duties of Project Manager in his absence.
- Able to establish and manage a good working relationship with EPC/m contractor / owner team with enabling behaviors.
- Experience working in Oil/Petrochemical industry safety standard.
- Experience working in plant or capacity extension project.
- Strong communication in English.
This position is project-based (contract period is 2 years) with no additional benefits aside from the basic salary.