Purchasing Director SE Asia – Agri Commodities
Our client is a leading global supplier of agriculture feed additives.Job Description:
- The role of Purchasing Director will be a member of the Asia regional leadership with management, purchasing and trading responsibility for several production and R&D facilities across the region.
- Direct accountability for feed, additive sourcing, merchandising & trading, futures & options hedging, risk management and market analytics.
- Leadership for the growth, development, and coaching of a diverse multi-cultural team with employees based in several Southeast Asia countries.
- Transform separate country managed teams into one regional team that is able to leverage the talent and capabilities of the team across the regional business.
- Support and coach regional teams to evaluate relative value ingredient opportunities and to enhance margins.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers in order to create value from a regionalized approach to managing import ingredients.
- Provide leadership to maintain strong working relationships and a collaborative approach with cross functional team members including Commercial Sales, Strategic Marketing & Technology, and Production Operations.
- Extensive leadership experience in a purchasing role, either at country or region level – ideally with Asia experience.
- Understanding of the agriculture or food industries is highly desirable, either within a feed additives, agri-commodities or trading environment.
- Extensive working experience in merchandising or trading including cash markets, futures, hedging and risk management.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in a commercial enterprise.
- Strong understanding of the region’s ingredient supply market
- Strong understanding of agricultural markets and trading and Supply & Demand factors
- Experience working across other functions including inbound logistics and product formulation
- Language Fluency in English
- Ability to travel within the region.
- Strong collaboration skills with other departments, business units, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership of teams toward achieving goals and executing at a high-performance level (effective listening, patience, composure and conflict management)
- Exceptional teaming skills encompassing cross-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences. Especially in the leadership and coordination of managing an import pipeline with the supply chain team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and the ability to make decision without complete information if required
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to communicate ideas, plans and actions to a broad group of employees, including in remote office locations
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve complex problems in partnership with others
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, sound decisions about positions, new tools, closing complex deals, etc.
Industry: Agriculture / Animal Feed