Our client is a leading manufacturer in product solutions for the feed industry.
- Manages the suppliers’ relationships and coordinates timely delivery of raw materials for global operations.
- Issues and manages POs for raw materials.
- Tracks delivery and logistics for raw materials and works with Customer Service and Operations to manage delivery deadlines.
- Coordinates the import logistics of raw materials globally.
- Works with suppliers and with the QA department to make sure the suppliers meet our client’s Quality requirements.
- Works with the Product Development team to identify new vendors and ingredients.
- Initiates and negotiates contracts and prices with suppliers to reduce costs.
- Evaluates and reduce freight costs.
- Evaluates opportunities for obtaining economies of scale savings to identify opportunities for consolidation for the group.
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Experience in a purchasing role with experience in freight and ordering.
- Experience in the feed, agriculture, food and/or specialty chemicals is desirable.
- Ability to successfully interface with other departments and suppliers. Strong communications skills needed.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated math skills are required.
- Computer skills required to successfully implement and complete project requirements.
- Must be a self-starter.
Our client offers an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in one of the worlds’ leading animal feed chemicals and nutrition solutions companies. Level: Middle Industry: Animal Feed / Agriculture