Our client is a global manufacturer of confectionery coated products that appeal to many sectors of the food and beverage industry including; ice cream, yoghurt and bakery.Job Description:
- Conduct research, development and/or necessary formulation/process adaptations for the creation of new and renovation products for Confectionery category.
- Develop new product from feasibility study, prototype and process, stability study, commercial production and post launch to meet customer and regulatory compliance for projects assigned.
- Researches and incorporates new flavors, ingredients and processes into new product ideas.
- Creates and edits formulas, processing procedures, finished product specifications, and customer specifications.
- Collaborates with operations to optimize processes and production for existing items within the limits of product specifications.
- Manage the resources and budgets for projects and platforms
- Act as technical/commercialization expert and coach for shared developers
- Responsible for commercialization of new and reformulated products and successful transition from development to operations.
- Comply with food safety procedures upon new raw material selection, product development or modification and sample preparation.
- Actively participate in food safety programs that ensure the safety of ingredients and finished products.
- Mentoring of junior R&D staff.
- Deputizing for the R&D Manager as requested.
- BS or higher degree in a Food Science related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in food product development, ideally in baking industry, sweets or diary is a must.
- Flexible and versatile. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where ambiguity is commonplace.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. Superior attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English Language with excellent presentation skills.
- Able to travel within South East Asia.
Our client offers a competitive remuneration benefits package with overseas travelling and an excellent learning opportunity for future professional growth.
Level: Middle / Senior