Our client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of flavourings, extracts and essences. With extensive experience across the food, beverage and nutritional products industries, our client develops high quality taste solutions which inspire innovation.Job Description:
Reporting to the Managing Director Asia, the newly created role of Sales Director is a direct result of the growth of export markets throughout Asia and will initially be tasked with managing sales, via distribution partners. The markets included are; Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Pakistan. Developing Sales
- Manage existing key Asia customers.
- Market strategy for South East Asia, Australasia, South Asia and Middle East with new and existing distribution partners.
- Build progressive account plans for growth, understanding customers’ strategies.
- Ensure strong, deep relationships with existing and prospective customers.
- Identify opportunities for cross selling all of our client’s products.
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to all inquiries and escalating and issues to your manager when appropriate.
- Approve prices for all accounts, within the parameters agreed with the management.
- Develop and implement the business development plan for new accounts within Asia, Middle-East & Australasia.
- Develop and track account plans to achieve annual sales and gross margin targets agreed with manager.
- Prepare sales/GM forecasts (bottom up) and revisions.
- Agree development plans and application support with Thai development team.
- Research and report on industry trends relevant to the businesses.
- Identify growth opportunities and new business in Asia.
- Research competitors, suppliers and other related manufacturers to build a comprehensive picture of the manufacturing base in the region.
- Map key ingredient trends and overlay available supply to identify gaps.
- Establish and maintain contact with identified potential business partners as agreed.
- Support MD with partnership, JV and acquisition opportunities as necessary.
We are targeting senior sales people from within the food and beverage industry, coming with extensive experience selling either flavours or functional ingredients, ideally with knowledge of the Asia market. Pivotal to the success of this role will be your ability to communicate cross-culturally; possess the gravitas to forge relationships at senior level and have the flexibility to travel within Asia extensively. Commercial acumen, people management and interpersonal skills are tantamount with the ability to create growth and momentum internally. We are looking for somebody with high levels of energy and drive, who thrives on challenges with ambition to progress.Company Benefits:
- With consistently achieved, double digit growth and plans in place to establish a wider presence throughout Asia, our client can offer fantastic growth opportunities with the following package: Industry leading package
- Company and Performance bonus up to 25%
- Fully expensed company car
- Economy-class flight per year to home country
- All business travel expenses paid
- International travel within the region
- Working within a cross cultural, global team
- World class manufacturing, innovation and application capabilities
- Annual Leave starting at 15 days
- Aetna private health insurance
- Transparent promotion criteria