Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of food ingredients to leading food service, convenience stores and retailers worldwide.Job Description:
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the sales objectives for our clients’ Market Link business segment, working with Market Link Traders, Food Producers and Protein Processors (Meat, Seafood) to develop, plan and execute new food concepts for convenience stores, retailers, supermarkets and food service outlets.
- Work with our clients’ R&D and Marketing department in Japan, production countries and meat, seafood processors in Thailand, China, Brazil, Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Gain and maintain key customers or Traders in Japan by proposing customized product lines and facilitating the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Clear communication and coordination with the internal stake holders in Japan (R&D, Regulatory compliance) and internal stakeholders in the production countries.
- Leadership and direction to ensure focus on the core product lines.
- Establish sales plans/priorities, objectives and strategies to deliver sales goals.
- Deliver the agreed Annual Operation Plan at which the sales target segment is established.
- Ability to locate opportunities and conduct cold calls.
- Determining key target customers that fit the strategy and product lines.
- Focusing on Market Link / Overseas business growth and managing customer expectations and requirements.
- Report to the Sales Director and interact regularly with the related stakeholders including R&D, Marketing, Regulatory, Supply Chain and commercials team in both Japan and overseas units.
- Proactive communication with customers in food industries and trading companies
- Bachelor’s degree qualified.
- 3+ years of sales or marketing experience within the food industry.
- Good command of spoken & written English.
- Experience of managing new product developments.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining business relationships.
- Demonstrable ability of working effectively within actual and virtual teams regionally and globally.
- Solutions provider capable of leveraging and coordinating available resources to deliver solutions for the customer.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Customer focused, results orientated, business acumen, commercially minded.
- Strong demonstratable negotiation skills.
- Requires traveling in the respective market and overseas.
- Flexible and able to adjust on the work assigned.
- Annual Salary: JPY 4M - 6M /Year
- Commuter Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme – After 3 years
- 25% Annual Bonus - Performance
- 10 days annual leave, rising to 15 days
Industry: Food & Beverage