Our client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of flavorings, extracts and essences, with manufacturing and technical support facilities across Europe, the Americas and Asia. With extensive experience across food, beverage and nutritional products industries, and currently employing over 600 people across eight global locations, they are now looking to add an experienced, ambitious and talented Sales & Marketing Director to the Asia business.Job Description:
Reporting to the Managing Director Asia, the newly created role will be responsible for driving the value growth of our clients’ Asian business across South East Asia, Australasia, South Asia and the Middle East, managing all Thai based local commercial, export and marketing teams. The role will target resources to support strategic platforms and growth in key categories (Nutrition, Savoury, Bakery, Dairy, Beverage) and working to transform our client into a marketing led business with outstanding communication around clear Brand architecture to clearly defined target customers. This will involve translating their Global Strategy Plan into annual Regional Marketing plans and Key Account & Category plans, delivering annual budgets, revenue, margins and operating profit through clearly articulated annual plans whilst deputizing for the Managing Director Asia in periods of absence from the office.Job Requirements:
- We are targeting senior sales leaders from within the food and beverage industry, coming with extensive experience selling either flavours or functional ingredients.
- Pivotal to the success of this role will be your ability to communicate cross-culturally; possess the gravitas to forge relationships at senior level and have the flexibility to travel within Asia extensively.
- Commercial acumen, people management and interpersonal skills are tantamount with the ability to create growth and momentum internally. We are looking for somebody with high levels of energy and drive, who thrives on challenges with ambition to progress.
- Leadership – demonstration of personal presence and ability to build effective strategic working relationships across the business.
- Visionary approach for Marketing’s role in strategic & business planning in a B2B business.
- Able to generate and convert real business growth through lead identification, engagement, nurturing and conversion of briefs and new Customers.
- People, Communication and influencing skills – Stakeholder management and indirect management of cross functional teams. High levels of regional cultural awareness along with a collaborative mindset.
- Interpretation of market research data and reports – ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and business case proposals.
- A pro-active completer/finisher with high levels of personal initiative and drive.
- Fluent Thai and English speaker
With consistently achieved, double digit growth and plans in place to establish a wider presence throughout Asia, our client can offer fantastic growth opportunities combined with a highly competitive remuneration package.