Our client is a world-leading manufacturer of natural ingredients.Job Description:
This position will report to Procurement and Sourcing Manager and will be responsible for designing and implementing purchase game plan and the risk position strategy of ingredients for the businesses to ensure the material & product cost competitiveness, good quality and on-time delivery to customers.
- Develop and implement strategies for buying commodities from suppliers.
- Lead price negotiation for raw materials. Manage new sourcing deals, delivery and quality to ensuring the commercial and cost benefits are realized at the P&L level and ensuring on time delivery with the suppliers.
- Maintain and continuously develop market/industry knowledge, activities, trends and analysis.
- Work closely with rice millers & trader, external auditors, rice authorities, and the industry association.
- Contribute to the product development process for business units by working with supply chain, quality team to identify and develop potential sources of supply.
- Manage raw material supply to other plant.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with supplier(s) while effectively resolving supplier performance capability issues to ensure alignment with business requirement.
- Support the business in undertaking special projects.
- Develop and manage Co-Product & Starch Scrap product selling.
- Bachelor’s degree qualified with experience in raw material sourcing, purchasing & supply.
- Experience in agricultural materials such as; rice, grain, sugar, corn amongst others.
- Experience in merchandising, future trading would be desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English communication.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Having own car and driving licenses.
Our client offers a competitive remuneration benefits package including competitive base salary, fixed bonus, variable bonus, provident funds, housing allowances and medical insurance. We invite qualified candidates to apply for this role directly by clicking “APPLY NOW”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Level: Middle to Senior
Industry: Food and Beverage / Agricultural