Senior R&D Technologist – QSR / Food Service / Snacks / Coatings / Poultry
Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of food ingredients such as seasoning, coating solutions, sauces systems to leading food services and retailers worldwide.Job Description:
- Performs bench top work related to applications and product development.
- Prepares product information for customers using available information sources.
- Conducts in-house bench trials of new formulas and evaluates ingredients/processing revisions.
- Reformulate products or processes for product improvement, cost reduction or manufacturing efficiency improvements.
- Develop and implement multiple new product launches from concept to commercialization
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing and Quality to ensure that all product formulations, processes, and specifications meet defined standards
- Work with cross functional teams in the development of NPD and/or reformulation of existing products, including commercialization.
- Prepare prototype products using research lab, pilot lab, manufacturing facilities and equipment, as required.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams for product/process improvement and trouble shooting
- Being responsible for documentation update, including technical information support and prepare essential reports.
- Be creative, plan and execute related applications work and manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing business environment
- B.S. or M.S. in food science, chemistry or related technical area, with some experience in flavor applications and food product development.
- At least 5 years experience working in Coating and marinades with good experience working with the protein processors ( poultry / seafood etc.), or QSR / Food service or snacks
- Good understanding of food industry standards of quality and foods safety, and FDA regulations.
- Like to work on the bench or pilot plant developing formulations, testing ingredient performances
- Creative scientific minded, eagerness to explore new areas, technologies and doesn’t find failure an obstruction or a demotivating factor.
- Accuracy with detail, planning, organizing and efficiency
- Ability to function successfully both as a team member and leader. Works well and relates with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to handle pressure of dealing with priorities that change frequently and have very short time frames without losing composure.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good command of English language and Computer Proficiency
Our client offers a competitive remuneration benefit. Benefits include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, medical insurance, provident funds amongst others.
Industry: Food / Beverage