Our client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of flavorings, extracts and essences, with a truly global footprint. With extensive experience across food, beverage and nutritional products industries, our client develops high quality taste solutions which inspire innovation and can help you stay one step ahead of the competition. We are currently working on behalf of our client in the APAC market, recruiting a Technical Manager in Indonesia.Job Description:
Reporting to Indonesia Country Manager, and dotted line to Synergy Thailand Technical Manager, the purpose of this role will be to support growth of the sweet, savory, beverage, bakery and dairy categories in Asia in line with annual targets and objectives. To champion the technical applications agenda in line with the annual plan and strategic group innovation platform.
- Responsible for all functions of the Indonesia technical team department.
- Technical lead on sweet, savoury, dairy, bakery and beverage categories for Indonesia.
- Responsible for the development and training plans of all direct reports.
- Responsible for the development of new sweet flavours and savoury flavours for Indonesia.
- Responsible for all the applications to an industry leading standard.
- Impeccable hygiene and housekeeping for the creation and application areas.
- Responsible for sweet product matching and pro-active creation utilising regional and EU resources.
- Responsible for customer presentations.
- Responsible for bench work sessions with new and existing customers both on and off site as required.
- Responsible for all product samples and submission in accordance with the NPD procedures including maintenance within Thailand of the flavour library.
- Responsible for pro-active applications in line with the commercial plan.
- Prepare and control the technical NPD budget.
- Manage workloads and identify gaps to the Indonesia Country Manager as required.
- Manage strong relationship internal and external such as our key sweet customers both existing and new, effective suppliers, flavourist team global locations.
- Works cross-functionally (marketing, sales, application, factory) to ensure altogether transactions complete.
- Ability to build effective strategic working relationships - able to influence across departments.
- Experience in flavour applications to Bakery, Dairy, Beverage, Sweet and Savoury. Strong man manager and motivator of an applications team.
- Experience either in flavour or bakery applications that has already managed people. Good Team Player.
- Effective communicator and organizer.
- Able to demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Bahasa Indonesia language native speaker with a very good level of English.
- Bachelor degree in Food Science
- At least 10 years senior working experience
- Background in product development from concept to full production.
- Broad technical knowledge of sweet and savoury applications.
- Bakery apps sound knowledge.
- Do it right first time - every time
- Enthusiasm, energy, self-starter.
- Forward thinking, inquisitive.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-culture environment.
- Company sales budgets hit via new win %
- 4 pro-active category applications developed per year.
- Client feedback.
- Strong dedicated multi skilled team.
- Retention of top technical staff.
- Working schedule on time.
- Strong intercompany profile and group relationships.
- Technical costs budget within agreed parameters.
- Clear transfer of knowledge from Europe to South East Asia for sweet and savoury flavour creation.
- Lead by example.
Excellent package includes a competitive base salary, performance related annual bonus, medical insurance, pension fund, travel allowances and the opportunity to be a part of a thriving company in Asia.